Người nổi tiếng là người được nhiều người biết đến. Tuy nhiên, trong bài thi IELTS Speaking thì người nổi tiếng sẽ được trình bày như thế nào nhỉ?
Cùng xem RES gợi ý về chủ đề “Famous Person” của IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 này bên dưới nhé!
Describe a famous person you are interested in
You should say:
- Who this person is
- What this person was like before his/her became famous
- How you know this person
- And explain why you think this person is interesting
I’m going to talk about a person who became well-known on social media, specifically, Tik Tok. Her name is Bella Poarch and she was first brought to the public eye about more than a year ago making short videos on TikTok.
In the beginning, her videos were extremely simplistic. They were just Bella making adorable facial expressions that synchronised with the background music. However, they were viral and they reached literally hundreds of million people around the world. I think she has more than 70 million followers on Tik Tok at this point. Eventually, she became a fully fledged celebrity and it seems like she’s not satisfied with just being a Tik-Tok sensation or an internet personality. Just a couple months ago, she released her first music video for her debut single called “Build a Bitch” and it instantly became a hit.
I listened to it and it’s quite good. Since she’s become famous, I’ve read some articles written about her and there’s a surprising fact about her. She is a Navy veteran and served in the military for 4 years. It really shows that looks can be deceiving as I never would have guessed that she was in the military judging on her cute and joyful appearance as well as her style. The reason why I was fascinated by her meteoric rise was that it shows the power of the new generation of social media. Now, you can showcase your talent to the world even at home just with a cell-phone. I’m sure that Bella isn’t the last artist to be discovered on this platform.
- The public eye: đại chúng
- Simplistic (adj): đơn giản
- Facial expression (adj + n): biểu cảm trên gương mặt
- To synchronise (v): đồng bộ, theo nhịp
- Full-fledged (adj): hoàn toàn, hoàn chỉnh
- Debut (adj): ra mắt
- Veteran (n): cựu quân nhân
- Looks can be deceiving: vẻ ngoài có thể đánh lừa người khác
- To judge on + noun: đánh giá dựa trên cái gì đó
- Fascinated by + noun: thích thú bởi cái gì đó
- Meteoric rise (adj + n): sự vụt sáng thành sao
- Showcase (v): trình bày, biểu diễn
1. What sorts of people are famous in your country?
Just like other countries, celebrities in Vietnam come from many sectors. Most of them, I’d say they’re from the entertainment industry. A-list actors and singers appear in a lot of television shows and advertisements. Athletes are another category, especially footballers, people in Vietnam are crazy about football so naturally the best players get a lot of attention. Here and there, we also have some well-known chefs, writers and doctors.
- Sector (n): lĩnh vực
- Entertainment industry: ngành giải trí
- A-list: hạng A
2. How do people become famous?
There are many means by which one can become well known. For starters, in any field, you can work your way up and hone your skills and eventually be recognized for your excellence and achievements. But of course, it’s harder to be recognized when you’re a very good chef than when you’re a very good actor. Another way to be famous is to appear in a viral story or video on social media. This kind of fame is difficult to sustain as trends fade quickly. The last that I can think of is to appear in talent shows such as the “Vietnam’s Got Talents” shows, The Voice, and my favorite, “Sing My Song”. In these shows, you can showcase your talent and if you’re lucky you can be famous quite rapidly too.
- For starters: đầu tiên (khi liệt kê)
- Work your way up: đi từ dưới lên
- Sustain (v): duy trì
- Showcase (v): trình diễn, trình bày
- Rapidly (adj): một cách nhanh chóng
3. Are there any differences between people who were famous a few years ago and the people who are famous today?
To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. If we take “social media” as the main difference between the recent past and now, we could see some trends. Because we didn’t use social media so much in the past, it wasn’t really possible to be famous from making videos online. Well, of course there were a few exceptions. I remembered the turning point in my country when young people began videotaping themselves sharing opinions, making skits. This trend took other young people by the storm and paved the way for so many more internet-based celebrities. I’d say, at the present time, way more people have become famous on social media than on any other medium.
- The turning point
- Skit (n): tiểu phẩm
- To take someone by the storm: gây sốt, gây bão với ai đó
- To pave the way for something: “dọn đường” cho việc gì đó
4. Do you think there is such a thing as bad publicity?
Yes, of course. And I’d even go further to say that bad publicity is extremely difficult to get rid of. Once celebrities are involved in scandals, their sponsors often drop them further deals. Some of their fans may boycott them also. They can also be shunned by their colleagues and black-listed by recruiters for future business. It’s extremely hard for them to get back on track after something like that.
- To boycott (v): tẩy chay
- To shun (v): tránh né
- To blacklist (v): cho vào danh sách đen
- To get back on track:
Trên đây là hai bài mẫu về chủ đề “Famous Person”. Hy vọng với những gợi ý từ RES sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Nếu có thắc mắc gì về bài viết trên thì hãy để lại bình luận bên dưới để được giải đáp nhé!
HỆ THỐNG ANH NGỮ RES – LUYỆN THI IELTS SỐ 1 VIỆT NAM
- Với 15 năm thành lập trên 40 cơ sở toàn quốc
- Chuyên đào tạo tiếng Anh 4 kỹ năng và luyện thi IELTS số 1 Việt Nam
- Là Đối tác Xuất sắc nhất của Hội Đồng Úc (IDP) từ năm 2012 đến nay
- Là trường Anh ngữ có số lượng Giáo viên chấm thi IELTS giảng dạy nhiều nhất Việt Nam
- Hơn 55.000 Học viên theo học
- Hơn 95% học viên đạt IELTS điểm mục tiêu và vượt qua điểm cam kết
- Hàng nghìn học viên đạt 6.0 – 8.5 IELTS
- Là Nhà bảo trợ chuyên môn và đồng sản xuất chương trình tiếng Anh của VTV7 (kênh truyềnV hình Giáo Dục VN)
- Hotline: 1900232325 – 0979043610
- Website: www.res.edu.vn