Bài học hôm nay, các bạn cùng RES tìm hiểu về một trong những topic thường xuất hiện trong bài thi IELTS speaking là Dancing. Chúng ta cùng học cụm từ hữu ích, bài mẫu để áp dụng cho bài thi của mình nhé. Công thức áp dụng cho bài thi theo A.R.E.A, với các bước phân tích khác nhau nhé. Dancing thường xuất hiện trong Part 1 theo chủ đề Hobby hoặc Art hay về Entertaiment, câu hỏi Part 2 – describe an activity for your health nhiều bạn cũng chọn Dancing. Vậy thì cùng khám phá cách trả lời ăn điểm nhé.
IELTS speaking sample topic dancing
1. Do you like dancing? (Why/ Why not?)
– Well, I enjoy dancing and I regard myself as a good dancer.
Whenever I go out to dance, all my worries somehow magically disappear into thin air. Dance transfers me to a completely different world, a world filled with soft music. Sometimes when I am sad, or anxious, I express myself with some subtle spontaneous moves in my locked room.
– Well, I love to dance but I’m not much of a dancer to be honest. When I dance I find myself thinking too much about the steps instead of just feeling the music, rhythmic movements and let the body take control.
2. Did you take dance lessons?
As a matter of fact, I did sign up for some dance classes but, you know, people tend to be overwhelmed by the idea of taking up some new hobby but the initial enthusiasm wears off soon enough and they don’t follow through. Well, I didn’t and I have had two left feet yet.
Have you ever learned to dance?
Actually, I have not, but I would love to learn how to dance in the future.
I did learn some basic steps and movements and some dynamics as well from tutorials. I think to dance professionally, you need a lot of training, a good teacher and some creativity in using and combining what you learnt.
3. In the future, would you like to learn dancing?
I don’t really know about this. I used to have much more time for things like ballroom dancing lessons back when I was a student but now I’m pretty caught up in my work. But who knows, maybe when I can manage to set some time aside for myself I will take up dancing again.
4. When was the last time you danced?
The very last time I danced was just a few days back. I had no specific reason to dance. Maybe it’s my way of expressing so many emotions that I hold back because I can’t show them in front of people.
5. Do you like to watch others dance?
I do love watching people dance because when they dance, they look like they are really enjoying themselves and having a good time. I can feel their energy and appreciation for life when they let their body move to the music. Somehow it makes me feel rejuvenated and inspired.
6. What kind of dancing do people in your country like?
Well, there are many kinds of dancing people enjoy. Young people love to dance freestyle and hip-hop in clubs, the same as young people in the West. I also see people perform a lot of traditional dances in festivals in many places of my country, which is part of our cultural identity.
7. Why do you think some (or many) people like dancing?
There are the obvious answers. We dance for physical fitness. We dance for mental clarity. We dance for emotional stability, and other such pluses. Perhaps dance is the way we express ourselves when words are insufficient. The joy we feel over new found love, the determination we have in the face of great sorrow or adversity, the passionate fire of our youth and the peacefulness of our softer and more graceful years.
Tổng hợp từ vựng chủ đề cho IELTS speaking
- Ballet: ba lê
- Ballroom dancing: khiêu vũ
- Salsa: điệu salsa
- Break-dancing: nhảy hiphop
- Ethnic minority: dân tộc thiểu số (dùng để đề cập đến các điệu nhảy của các dân tộc anh em)
- Boogie: tiếng long cho nhảy
- Twist: lắc hông
- Twirl: xoay mình
- Rhythmic: theo điệu nhạc
- Energizing: nhiều năng lượng
- Ceremonial: theo nghi lễ
- Two left feet: không biết nhảy
- All the rage: hợp thời đại, mốt (= trendy, fashionable)
1. Transfer [v]:
– To remove to another place: dời
Eg: He transferred the letter from his briefcase to his pocket.
– To (cause to) move to another place, job, vehicle etc: chuyển, dọn
Eg: I’m transferring / They’re transferring me to the Bangkok office.
– To give to another person, especially legally: chuyển nhượng
Eg: I intend to transfer the property to my son.
2. Spontaneous [adj]: xảy ra hoặc được thực hiện một cách tự nhiên, thường đột ngột, không có kế hoạch hoặc không bị ép buộc
Eg: His jokes seemed spontaneous, but were in fact carefully prepared beforehand.
3. Tutorial [n]:
– A lesson by a tutor at a college or university: bài giảng
Eg: We have lectures and tutorials in history.
Bên cạnh đó, tính từ sẽ theo nghĩa of or concerning a tutor: thuộc gia sư
4. Professionally [adv]: mang tính chuyên nghiệp
Eg: He used to play tennis professionally.
5. Hold back [v]:
– To refuse to tell someone (something): giấu; giữ bí mật
Eg: The police were convinced that the man was holding something back.
– To prevent from happening, being seen etc, with an effort: ngăn lại; nén lại
Eg: The little girl succeeded in holding back her tears.
– To prevent from making progress: ngăn cản ai/cái gì
Eg: I meant to finish cleaning the house, but the children have held me back all morning.
6. Cultural identity [expression]: Bản săc văn hóa
Eg: Cultural identity is a rich tapesty of an individual’s life experiences, race, nationality, heritage, beliefs, language, customs and worldview.
7. Stability [n]: the quality of being stable: sự ổn định, sự kiên định
Eg: Greater international stability can surely only be to the good.
8. Insufficient [adj]: not enough: không đủ
Eg: The prisoner was released because the police had insufficient proof of his guilt.
9. Adversity [n]: misfortune or hardship: những điều không may
Eg: He showed a lot of courage in adversity.
10. Keep fit [expression]: a series or system of exercises, usually simple, intended to improve the physical condition of ordinary people, especially women: giữ gìn sức khỏe
Eg: She’s very keen on keep-fit, but it doesn’t do her much good
Sample IELTS speaking part 2 dancing
Khi hỏi về Entertaiment trong phần thi IELTS speaking , câu hỏi Part 2 – Describe an activity for your health nhiều bạn cũng chọn Dancing để nói về.
Describe an activity you do for your health or fitness.
You should say:
what you do
how often you do it
where you do it
and explain how you think this activity helps you stay healthy or fit
Band 8.0+ Sample
Getting fit and trim is everyone’s concern and I am no exception. To be honest, I’ve been so caught up in my work ever since I graduated, so I have little time to exercise, and as a result, I’m not as supple or agile as I used to be and I begin to feel stiff and sluggish first thing in the morning.
So I decided to take a dance class not long ago to try to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Dancing is a great recreational and sporting choice because anyone at any age can take part. It is more demanding that it appears as it involves all the parts of my body. Dancing requires not only balance, strength, and endurance ability, but also cognitive ability: adaptability and concentration to move according to the music and partner, artistry for graceful and fluid motion, and memory for choreography.
Besides, this dance class is the perfect setting to make new friends as I’ve got a chance to meet up with lots of new cool people and be able to branch out socially.
By maintaining a schedule of taking part in the dance class on a daily basis, I feel extremely relaxed and full of energy after the class. It helps me to keep fit and refresh my mind after a long stressful day. And of course, I don’t see myself stopping practicing this activity any time soon.
Từ vựng topic dancing hữu ích cho IELTS speaking
1. To get fit and trim: Trở nên khoẻ mạnh về mặt thể chất
Getting fit and trim requires time, effort, and self-discipline
2. To be caught up in something: quá bận rộn làm cái gì mà quên đi những thứ khác
I was too caught up in the movies that I forgot to do my homework
3. Supple (adj): dẻo dai, uyển chuyển
These exercises will help to keep you supple.
4. Agile (adj): nhanh nhẹn, hoạt bát
She’s very agile and light on her feet.
5. Stiff (adj): cứng, căng cứng
I’ve got a stiff neck.
6. Sluggish (adj): uể oải, lờ đờ
He felt very heavy and sluggish after the meal.
7. To lead a healthy lifestyle: sống một cuộc sống khoẻ mạnh
The educational program also encourages donors to lead a healthy lifestyle.
8. Recreational (adj): mang tính giải trí, tiêu khiển
The town and its environs are inviting, with recreational attractions and art museums.
9. Endurance ability: khả năng chịu đựng, sức bền
She showed great endurance ability in the face of pain.
10. Cognitive ability: khả năng nhận thức
Factors affecting young children’s comprehension of word meaning are cognitive ability, socialized communicative activities, types of mother and input of adult language.
11. Artistry: khả năng nghệ thuật
This is an important component of the Chinese people’s musical artistry.
Đọc thêm các bài viết thú vị khác tại đây
HỆ THỐNG ANH NGỮ RES – ĐÀO TẠO IELTS SỐ 1 VIỆT NAM
- Với 15 năm thành lập trên 40 cơ sở toàn quốc
- Chuyên đào tạo tiếng Anh 4 kỹ năng và luyện thi IELTS số 1 Việt Nam
- Là Đối tác Xuất sắc nhất của Hội Đồng Úc (IDP) từ năm 2012 đến nay
- Là trường Anh ngữ có số lượng Giáo viên chấm thi IELTS giảng dạy nhiều nhất Việt Nam
- Hơn 55.000 Học viên theo học
- Hơn 95% học viên đạt IELTS điểm mục tiêu và vượt qua điểm cam kết
- Hàng nghìn học viên đạt 6.0 – 8.5 IELTS
- Là Nhà bảo trợ chuyên môn và đồng sản xuất chương trình tiếng Anh của VTV7 (kênh truyền hình Giáo Dục VN)
🌟 Hotline: 1900232325 – 0979043610
🌟 Website: www.res.edu.vn