Describe an event là một trong những chủ đề (topic) phổ biến nhất ở phần IELTS Speaking Part 2. Cùng tham khảo một bài mẫu Speaking about Describe an event.
Sự kiện hay events là chủ đề khá khó trong các bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 bởi tính học thuật và thực tiễn của nó. Chính vì vậy nên trong quá trình ôn luyện IELTS Speaking, chắc chắn các bạn sẽ gặp phải không ít khó khăn. Hãy để chúng tôi giúp bạn bổ sung một số kiến thức quan trọng và cần thiết liên quan đến chủ đề này nhé!
Từ vựng về Describe an event trong IELTS Speaking
- venue /ˈvenjuː/ (n): địa điểm sự kiện
- regulate /ˈreɡjuleɪt/ (v): quy định
- proximity/prɒkˈsɪməti/ (n):gần
- plan (n, v): kế hoạch, lên kế hoạch
- lead time (n):thời gian tiến hành
- audience (n): khán giả
- ideally (n): lý tưởng
- General (adj): tổng quát
- exact (adj) :chính xác
- dimension (n): kích thước
- coordinate (n): điều phối
- Agenda (n): chương trình
- Lighting system: (n): hệ thống ánh sáng
- Projector (n): máy chiếu
- Sound system (n): hệ thống âm thanh
Các cảm xúc khi gặp một sự kiện đáng nhớ
- …gave me sense of achievement: …. cho tôi cảm giác thành tích
- nervous: lo lắng
- anxious: lo lắng
- embarassed: xấu hổ
- delighted: vui mừng
- over the moon: rất vui
- terrified: kinh hoàng
- surprised: ngạc nhiên
- …come as a surprise to someone: …. là một bất ngờ cho ai đó
- Looking back at it,……….: Khi nhìn lại hồi đó, ……….
- I still remember vividly / I can still recall vividly …: Tôi vẫn nhớ rất rõ / Tôi vẫn có thể nhớ lại một cách sống động
- Regarding my feelings about that event, ….: Về cảm nhận của tôi về sự kiện đó, ….
Diễn biến của sự kiện
- Moving on to the details, …
- Moving onto what happened on that day, ….
- After that/ Later on/ Subsequently, …
- Next/ Following that,…
- Once …..had been finished, ….
Giải thích vì sao nó là một sự kiện đáng nhớ trong IELTS Speaking
- The reason why …. is one of my most memorable events is that ….: lí do tại sao … là một trong những sự kiện đáng nhớ nhất của tôi là…
- What makes …… such an unforgettbale/ special event is that …: điều khiến …. một sự kiện không thể quên/ đặc biệt đó là …
- There are several things that made ….. such a memorable day.: có một vài điều khiến …. một ngày đáng nhớ của tôi
- Turning point: bước ngoặt
- ….is one of the most important milestones in everyone’s life: … là một trong những cột mốc quan trọng trong cuộc đời mỗi người
- It marked the transition from… to ….: nó đánh dấu bước chuyển giao từ … sang …
Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played.
You should say
What was the event?
Where were you?
What music was like?
And explain why you didn’t like the music?
Note: You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Model Answers and follow up questions to describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played IELTS cue card:
Model Answer 1:
- I love to listen to music.
- I like loud music like which is used in parties.
- I listen to music while working and driving.
What was the event? And where are you?
- Here I am going to talk about an event which I attended last year in my hometown.
- It was a retirement party for my uncle. His name is ______.
- He was retired from the Indian army.
- Everything was perfect at the party, such as delicious food, beautiful decoration.
Explain why you did not like the music?
- Nevertheless, the music was not too good. My uncle is very fond of old songs and sad songs.
- The DJ boy was playing all these kinds of songs instead of playing party songs.
- I requested Dj boy to play some party songs, but he said the organizer gave him strict instructions to play only those songs which Mr. Liked.
- I had to attend the whole party because I did not want to disappoint my uncle.
Model Answer 2:
- I love listening to music.
- In fact, I listen to music while cooking, while cleaning and even while studying/working.
- And I generally enjoy all genres of music from pop to rock to jazz.
What was the event? and Where were you?
- But few years I attended a concert by Sunidhi Chauhan, and I didn’t enjoy it one bit.
- There were mainly two reasons for it.
- First, Sunidhi herself didn’t show up.
- I was and still am a big Sunidhi Chauhan fan, and it was a great disappointment.
What music was like?
- The greatest singers of the world could have come to the stage and I would still have been disappointed.
- I was really looking forward to hearing Sunidhi live for the first time.
- So, I was very disheartened.
- The second reason was the backup singers seemed like amateurs.
- They didn’t involve the crowd at all.
- Their performance was very dull and monotonous.
And explain why you didn’t like the music?
- I didn’t feel like I was attending a live performance at all.
- In fact, after a while, none of us were paying any attention to the songs being played.
- The music was also too loud, and it was hurting the ears.
- I remember many people asked the event managers to lower the volume of the loudspeakers.
- What added insult to injury was that the event managers refused to refund the money.
- Some of the people even fought and got their money back, but I was too tired to fight then.
- I left the concert quite early.
- More than anything else, I never got an opportunity to hear her live again, I don’t know if I will get an opportunity in the future too.
- It might remain a dream.
Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played”.
1. Why do so many young people spend a lot of money on concerts?
I think it is mainly because of the experience. Hearing a singer on the screen can never match the feeling of hearing them live. Also, I think it’s about spending quality time with friends.
2. Do you think older people like the same music as young people?
I feel young people like pop, rock music, basically any music that they can dance to. They don’t care about the lyrics; they care more about the fast beats. Old people are more into soft, slow, music. They actually pay more attention to the lyrics.
3. Do you think music concerts are suitable for old people to attend?
I think it might be physically taxing for the old people to stand for so long at a concert. But otherwise, I think if the old people can manage the physical exertion, the concerts are certainly suitable. Today many concerts also offer chairs, where older people can sit and enjoy the show rather than having to stand.
4. Why do shopping malls often have background music?
I think the music is there to enhance the experience of shopping. We remember shopping through not only sight but also through music playing in the background.
HỆ THỐNG ANH NGỮ RES-LUYỆN THI IELTS SỐ 1 VIỆT NAM
- Với 15 năm thành lập trên 40 cơ sở toàn quốc
- Chuyên đào tạo tiếng Anh 4 kỹ năng và luyện thi IELTS số 1 Việt Nam
- Là Đối tác Xuất sắc nhất của Hội Đồng Úc (IDP) từ năm 2012 đến nay
- Là trường Anh ngữ có số lượng Giáo viên chấm thi IELTS giảng dạy nhiều nhất Việt Nam
- Hơn 55.000 Học viên theo học
- Hơn 95% học viên đạt IELTS điểm mục tiêu và vượt qua điểm cam kết
- Hàng nghìn học viên đạt 6.0 – 8.5 IELTS
- Là Nhà bảo trợ chuyên môn và đồng sản xuất chương trình tiếng Anh của VTV7 (kênh truyền hình Giáo Dục VN)
- Hotline: 1900232325 – 0979043610
- Website: www.res.edu.vn