“Let’s talk about your favorite food” hay “What is your favorite food – Hãy nói về món ăn yêu thích của bạn.
Đây là một trong những chủ đề thường gặp ở bài thi IELTS Speaking và cả trong quá trình luyện speaking ielts.
Trong bài viết này RES sẽ giới thiệu cho bạn một số từ vựng và bài mẫu, mong rằng bạn sẽ có sự chuẩn bị tốt quá trình luyện thi IELTS của mình nhé.
Luyện speaking ielts: từ vựng chủ đề Food
- Additives: chất phụ gia (để bảo quản hoặc tăng hương vị thực phẩm)
- Cuisine: nền ẩm thực
- Chef: đầu bếp
- Ingredients: nguyên liệu
- Obesity: bệnh béo phì
- Nutrition: dinh dưỡng
- Nutrient: chất dinh dưỡng
- Recipe: công thức
- Balanced diet: chế độ ăn cân bằng
- Sweets: đồ ngọt
- Saturated fat: chất béo bão hòa
- Binge-eating: ăn liên tục, không kiểm soát
- Junk food: thức ăn có hại cho sức khỏe
- Home-cooked meal / homemade food: thức ăn nhà làm
- Fresh produce: nông sản tươi
- Gourmet meal: high-quality meal
- Food poisoning: ngộ độc thực phẩm
- Fussy eater = picky eater: người kén ăn
- Takeaways: thức ăn mang đi
- Genetically modified food (GM food): thực phẩm biến đổi gen
- Organic food: thức phẩm hữu cơ
- Processed food: thức ăn đóng hộp/ đóng gói
- Slap up meal: a large meal
- A 3-course meal: bữa ăn với đầy đủ 3 món (khai vị, chính, tráng miệng)
- Appetizer: món khai vị
- Main dish: món chính
- Dessert: món tráng miệng
- Preservative: chất bảo quản
- Delicacies: món ăn ngon
- Chop: thái, cắt
- Peel: lột vỏ
- Stir: xào, trộn
- Fry: chiên
- Stew: hầm
- Grill: nướng trên vỉ
- Bake: nướng trong lò
- Garnish: add something to food to give it flavor or decorative color.
- Overeat = overconsume : ăn quá độ
- Follow a recipe: nấu ăn theo công thức
- Have a sweet tooth: hảo ngọt
- Work up an appetite: luyện tập thể thao để ăn ngon miệng hơn
- Grab a bite: ăn vội
- Aromatic / pungent: (thức ăn) có mùi thơm hấp dẫn
- Malodorous: (thức ăn) có mùi kém hấp dẫn
- Nutritious: nhiều dinh dưỡng
- Delicious: ngon miệng
- Flavourful: đầy hương vị
- Appetizing / unappetizing: ngon/ không ngon
- Bland: nhạt nhẽo
- Disgusting: kinh tởm
- Sweet /sour /salty /bitter /fatty / greasy / chewy/ savoury /crunchy: ngọt/ chua/ mặn/ đắng /béo/ nhiều dầu mỡ/ dai/ đậm đà/ giòn
- Pricey = expensive: đắt tiền
- (un)reasonable = unaffordable: hợp lý, phù hợp (giá tiền)
- Malnourished: suy dinh dưỡng
- Tuck into: ăn ngấu nghiến
- Dig in = ăn tự nhiên, thoải mái
- Mouthwatering: (thức ăn) có mùi thơm hoặc trình bày bắt mắt gây thèm thuồng
- (not) my cup of tea: (không phải) loại ưu thích của tôi
- Eat like a horse: ăn khỏe như ngựa
- Eat like a bird: ăn ít như chim
- Wine and dine: chiêu đãi, thưởng thức món ăn
- Cost an arm and a leg / cost the earth: đắt đỏ
Luyện speaking ielts: Sample IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a special meal you have had
|Describe a special meal you have had|
You should say:
– Where you had it
– Who you had it with
– What you ate
– And explain why it was special for you
One of the most memorable meals that I have ever eaten was a couple of years ago when I was sick, well actually, just recovered from sickness. I had digestive disorder so I could not eat anything but bland porridge for a week; otherwise I would have vomited constantly. The first couple of days staying at home went just fine, I had enough to entertain me. In fact, I felt relax because I had time to binge watch my favorite drama. However, by the end of that week, I could not stand that meal. I could not even think about it.
Fortunately, I was getting better so I could eat other dishes. My mother made me spaghetti with beef and mushroom which she knew was my favourite. It was a basic Italian dish that instantly made my mood improve. It did not take much time and energy to cook though; basically, there were ground beef, sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped garlic and onions served with tomato sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. It tasted like heaven to me.
The ground beef was savoury mixed with a little cheesy flavor. My mom homemade meal was not only appetizing but also nutritious because I was not consuming protein and fat for a whole week.
My mom and dad ate it too but I knew they did not enjoy it as much as I did. I tucked into it and even craved for more. This was a memorable meal thanks to the caring and loving of my mother and her eagerness to lift my spirits while I was trapped in my house.
Từ vựng trong bài:
- digestive disorder: bệnh rối loạn tiêu hóa
- bland (a): nhạt nhẽo
- porridge (n): cháo
- vomit (v): nôn mửa
- binge watch (v): cày phim
- stand: chịu đựng
- made my mood improve: làm tâm trạng tôi tốt lên
- ground beef: thịt bò xay
- top with (v) : phủ lên trên
- protein (n): chất đạm
- fat (n): chất béo
- crave for (v): thèm thuồng
Describe a place you like to eat at you should say
|Describe a place you like to eat at you should say|
You should say:
– Where is it
– What kind of food it serves
– Why do you like its food
– and how often do you eat there
I would like to talk about a nice classy restaurant in the city centre called “Buzza Pizza” but it is actually located in a small quiet street in district 1. This restaurant serves various meals of Italian cuisine that I really enjoy. For example, they serve delicacies such as pasta, pizza, tomato soup and especially risotto – an Italian rice with either seafood or vegetables. I particularly love their risotto.
In fact, I love Italian food because it is all about fresh, flavorful ingredients. Not only are they popular by the risotto, but their pizzas also make my mouth water by its cheesy flavor. That’s why I eat in that restaurant frequently and now even with my family and friends for a slap-up meal if we have anything to celebrate or sometimes, to wine and dine.
The restaurant is quite spacious and all the staff are very friendly but in dinner time, it’s very crowded and noisy. Italian landscapes are painted on their walls so I always feel like I’m in Italy whenever I’m there. About the price, although it’s not cheap at all, its quality justifies the bill.
Từ vựng trong bài
- Spacious (a): rộng rãi
- Quality justifies the bill: chất lượng xứng đáng với giá tiền.
Describe your favorite food
|Describe your Favorite food|
You should say:
– What the food is
– How it is made
– and explain why it is your favourite food
Bánh mì -Việt Nam
I’m going to talk about banh mi thit – a traditional Vietnamse bread and also one of the best street food in the world, which is of course one of my favourite foods too. Actually, I love all kinds of bread, but if I had to choose one to talk about, banh mi was definitely the top of my list.
Originally, Vietnamese breads stemmed from its French counterpart but gradually, they were renewed to adapt to Southeastern people’s taste and now they are considered as a symbol of Vietnamese cuisine. There are various recipes for making a banh mi thit.
For example, some people who love jambon or would put them together into their banh mi, while some would eat it with Vietnamese pork sausage. The first layer of my own favorite banh mi thit must be pork pate which has to be made by the store near my house, then it is topped with lots of sliced Vietnamese pork sausage and one sunny-side up fried egg. Finally, it could not be done without some pickles and cucumber.
It’s very simple to prepare a classic Vietnamese bread, but it tastes so good. And it’s very healthy because of the veggies you add. I and many other Vietnamese people always have it for breakfast because I don’t have much time to prepare a big meal in the morning and if they are in a hurry, they can buy it easily on the street.
Banh mi stands appear in nearly every street; in fact they are like 100 meters away from each other. The bread costs very reasonably too; it’s just about 20.000 Vnd, which is equivalent to just less than a dollar. Sometimes, I even eat it for lunch of dinner if I am short of time. I have also heard that foreign travelers are so in love with our Vietnamese bread that they add it in their must-try food list.
Từ vựng trong bài:
- street food: món ăn đường phố
- stem from (v): bắt nguồn từ
- counterpart: phiên bản giống hệt
- taste (n): khẩu vị
- Vietnamese pork sausage: chả lụa
- Jambon: giăm bông
- pork pate: pa tê heo
- sunny-side up fried egg: trứng ốp la chiên 1 mặt
- pickles: đồ chua
- cucumber (n): dưa leo
- in a hurry: đang vội
- stands (n): xe, quầy hàng
- short of time: không có thời gian
RES hy vọng rằng những kiến thức và bài mẫu được chia sẻ ở trên sẽ là nguồn tài liệu tham khảo hiệu quả cho các chủ đề tương tự trong bài thi IELTS Speaking và quá trình luyện speaking ielts.
Hãy chia sẽ bài viết này nếu bạn thấy hữu ích nhé!
HỆ THỐNG ANH NGỮ RES – ĐÀO TẠO IELTS SỐ 1 VIỆT NAM
- Với 14 năm thành lập trên 40 cơ sở toàn quốc
- Chuyên đào tạo tiếng Anh 4 kỹ năng và luyện thi IELTS
- Là Đối tác Xuất sắc của Hội Đồng Úc (IDP) từ năm 2012 đến nay.
- Hơn 95% học viên đạt IELTS điểm 7.0 – 8.5 vượt mục tiêu cam kết.
- Hơn 55.920 Học viên RES đã đạt 6.5 – 8.5 IELTS.
🌟 Hotline: 1900232325 – 0979043610
🌟 Website: www.res.edu.vn